The Aesthetics 600 Course teaches beautification, facial massage techniques, cleansing or stimulating the skin by the use of cosmetic preparations, antiseptics, tonics, lotions or creams, or a device- electrical or otherwise; applying cosmetics or eyelashes to any person, eyebrow arching, and hair removal through waxing and tweezers.
Careers in Aesthetics: Successful graduates of this program may seek opportunities as a Skin Care Specialist. The Department of Labor and Statistics defines a "Skin Care Specialist" (39-5094) as someone who "provide skincare treatments to face and body to enhance an individual's appearance. Includes electrologists and laser hair removal specialists."
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Diseases and Disorders of the Skin
- Cosmetic Chemistry Ingredients and Product Knowledge
- Sterilization, Sanitation, and Bacteriology
- Management, Laws, Communication, and Ethics
- Basic Facials and Facial Massages
- Application of Makeup and Sales Product Knowledge
- Basics of Chemistry, Electricity and Aesthetics Equipment
- Hair Removal: Depilation and Waxing
- Eyelash and Eyebrow Extension
- Eyelash and Eyebrow Tinting
- Eyelash Lift
- Clinical Practice, Record Keeping, and Treatment Procedures
- Career Planning and The Skin Care Business