The Cosmetology 1000 course introduces students to manicuring, hair removal, facials and skincare, hair beautification, haircutting, chemical application-perm, foiling, highlights and more, to work in fields of Cosmetology, Skincare and/or Nail care. Generally with a certificate in Cosmetology, there is opportunity to provide services in shampooing, cutting, coloring, styling hair, massaging and treating scalp.
Careers in Cosmetology: There are an array of career options for graduates of Cosmetology program upon licensure, as defined by the Department of Labor and Statistic. There are opportunities as Barbers, Hairdressers, Hairstylists and Cosmetologists (39-5012) he/she may "Provide beauty services, such as shampooing, cutting, coloring, and styling hair, and massaging and treating scalp. May apply makeup, dress wigs, perform hair removal, and provide nail and skin care services."
- Manicuring (including 12.5 hrs. of Artificial Nail Techniques)
- Hair Straightening and Permanent Waving Shampooing
- Finger Waving
- Marcelling and All Iron Curls
- Skin Care/Facial Grooming
- Wig Instruction and Scalp Treatments
- Hair Coloring and Lightening (packs, tints, rinses, reconditioning)
- Hair Cutting and Hair Styling
- Oral, Written and Practical Tests, Sterilization, Hygiene and Anatomy
- Instruction and Lecture on Sanitation
- Ethics, Salesmanship, Courtesy and Conduct, Salon Management