The Nail Technology 100 Course teaches the care of fingernails and toenails, beautification of nails, application of nail extensions and massage techniques for hand, feet, and nails.
Careers in Nail Technology: Successful graduates of this program may seek opportunities as "Manicurists and Pedicurists." The Department of Labor and Statistics defines "Manicurists and Pedicurists" (39-5092 ) as individuals trained to " Clean and shape customer's fingernails and toenails. May polish or decorate nails." This may include opportunities as a nail sculptor,
- Safety/Sanitation/First Aid
- Artificial Nail Techniques (including gels, acrylics, and gel polishes)
- Basic Manicuring/Pedicuring with Massage
- Products Knowledge
- Professional Ethics / Salon Management / State Laws
- Oral-Written-Practical Examinations Hygiene and Anatomy